Dubai is the largest city in the United Arab Emirates and is one of more than fifteen million tourists in the year of the most visited cities in the world. Logically, the city of the sheiks and of the artificially created Islands and attracts many Celebrities. Regularly celebrities from business and show-business visit to the jewel of the Persian Gulf, to work or to spend a relaxing holiday. We have compiled a few examples together.
To be held at Easter 2016 fashion lover Cathy Hummels, wife of the national player Mats Hummels in Dubai for shopping extensively. Also the girlfriend of Mario Götze, Ann-Kathrin Brömmel, posted Christmas of 2016, via Facebook revealing pictures of themselves on the beach of Dubai. Also former pornstars such as Pamela Anderson have already been spotted in Dubai, the press spokesman of pornoseitentest.com. In 2013, the Baywatch-Girl as a “Special Guest” in the trendy club “VIP Room Dubai”.
- 1 Work as a football coach in Dubai
- 2 Dubai as a location for international film productions
- 3 Dubai as a location of more than 500 Hotels
To work as a football coach in Dubai
Even if the football of the United Arab Emirates lags behind the level of the Best after a commitment as a coach, the Ölscheiche some costs. The latest notification concerns in this regard, the Argentine Superstar Diego Maradona. After he already trained from 2011 to 2012, the Al-Wasl Sports-Club Dubai, leads him to his career in 2017 after Dubai. He signed a contract with second division side Al-Fujairah, Dubai.
But also coaches from German-speaking countries have already been working in the metropolis on the Persian Gulf. Among other things:
- Egon Coordes: The former Co-Trainer of Bayern München, trained from 1993 to 1994, the Al-Ua Club from Dubai.
- Josef Hickersberger: The Austrian-trained Al-Wasl Sports Club from 2000 to 2001
- Frank Pagels village: The former Kicker, Hannover 96, Arminia Bielefeld and Borussia Dortmund has already worked twice as a Trainer at the al-Nasr Sports Club in Dubai, from 2004 to 2005 and from 2009 to 2010
- Eduard Geyer: The Saxon cult of the trainer trained from 2005 to 2006, the al-Nasr Sports Club.
- Reiner Hollmann: He graduated from 1970 to 1984, for Rot-Weiß Oberhausen and Eintracht Braunschweig 350 appearances in the Bundesliga. Since some years he works as a Trainer in the Emirates. Its stations here is the Dubai club Al-Nasr Sports Club and Al-Shabab as well as Al-Wahda Sports Club Abu Dhabi.
- Winfried Schäfer is The current coach of Jamaica coached from 2005 to 2007, the Al-Ua Club from Dubai.
Dubai as a location for international film productions
The spectacular climbing scenes of Tom Cruise on Burj Khalifa in the fourth installment of the Mission Impossible series movie friends are still in good memory. The Film celebrated its world premiere on October 7. December 2011 in Dubai. The rapid growth of the city has made Dubai particularly since the turn of the Millennium as a location interesting. Examples of other international film productions include:
- Syriana (2006): The political Thriller of the year 2005 used in the desert around Dubai for the filming of the desert scenes. George Clooney got for his role as CIA Agent Bob Barnes, and even the Oscar in the category “Best supporting actor”.
- City of Life (2009): This was the first international movie that takes place entirely in Dubai and an Emirati Director (Al F. Mustafa) was filmed. As a realistic portrait of Dubai’s multi-cultural population of the movie from the random meeting of an Arab man, an Indian taxi driver and a Romanian flight attendant, played by Alexandra Maria Lara.
- Star Wars Episode VII − the awakening of the Power (2015) The seventh Episode of the Star Wars film series was also filmed in the desert around Dubai.
- Star Trek Beyond (2016): The thirteenth movie of the Star Trek series with Chris Pine as Captain James T. Kirk Downtown used Dubai as a backdrop for some scenes. In the Film, the latest soccer trainer of Bayern Munich, Carlo Ancelotti is to be seen in a supporting role as a doctor on Board the “Enterprise”.
Dubai as a location of more than 500 Hotels
More than fifteen million tourists a year, of course, want to be housed adequately. In the period 2012 to 2015 were built in Dubai in the cut twenty new Hotels per year. To the world exhibition EXPO in the year 2020, the hotel’s number of just under 500 should be increased to 800 Hotels. The German Hotel chain, Kempinski manages two Hotels in Dubai:
- Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates, Dubai
- Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah
Currently live and work in, about 12,000 Germans in the United Arab Emirates, including a good two-thirds in Dubai. The tourism industry is the variety of the Hotels, of course, a major employer. The many luxury hotels screw natural the average price for a hotel room in the height.
The Rich and Beautiful choose for your accommodation in Dubai, of course, the posh Hotels like the One & Only Royal Mirage Dubai room prices from € 365 per night upward. Here, for example, Michael Jackson or David Beckham have Bay the spectacular views of the Palm Island and the Arabian Gulf from the rooms enjoyed. An Overnight stay in a Design Hotel, Burj al Arab Jumeirah will not cost less than 1,000 euros. For one of the two king suites even 14.400 Euro per night will have to be flakes. In addition to this award, ten percent service charge and ten percent local taxes.
Guests with small purses to sleep but also not uncomfortable. In the 4-star Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat, there is a double room from 75 Euro.